Volleyball has traditionally been a strong sport at Auckland Grammar School. In 2022, the Senior Premier side will be back in the Premier Competition featuring the top 9 sides from across Auckland and North Harbour. Both the Junior and Senior teams compete at the Auckland Secondary Schools Championships and National Tournaments during Summer Tournament Week.
We offer two pathways for students to be involved:
- Competitive – students wishing to really develop their playing and push for either Junior or Senior teams
- Social – in Terms 1 and 4, there is a Friday after school social competition where students can form teams amongst their friends to have experience playing and have fun
The Volleyball program is well resourced with excellent facilities in the Sports Centre and the Old Gym. As an introduction to Volleyball, Open Gym is available on Wednesdays at lunchtime throughout the year to get a feel for the sport.
- GrammarNet Page
- Team Reach Group Code – search agsvball
- Auckland Central Volleyball Club
- WECA Volleyball Association
- Results and draws on College Sport
Terms played: Term 1 (Form 4 – 7 students) and Term 4 (Form 3 and 4 students)
Game days: Premier teams are on Fridays; Central Zone competition is on Thursdays – this holds for both Seniors and Juniors. Social competition is Friday after school.
Practice times: Morning trainings start by 7am and finish at 8.30am. Lunchtimes can be used for Central Zone teams. Open Gym is on every Wednesday at lunchtime in the Sports Centre for all new and existing players to get involved
Costs: Registration is $30 per season. Playing uniforms are provided for Premier teams, other teams can purchase uniforms from the School Shop. There will be additional costs for tournaments and trips
Equipment: None, as all balls and other equipment is provided. Premier teams play in PE gear
Registrations: Registrations have now closed for the 2023 season
Master in Charge: B. Swaney. Students are able to speak to her in the Chemistry department during the School day or contact her via email.