Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 2018 Term dates?
The dates for the 2018 academic year are as follows:
Term 1 - 12 weeks:
- Monday 22 January - Staff Only Day
- Tuesday 23 January - School starts for all students
- Monday 29 January - School closed (Auckland Anniversary Day)
- Tuesday 6 February - School closed (Waitangi Day)
- Friday 30 March - School closed (Easter Friday)
- Monday 2 - School closed (Easter Monday)
- Tuesday 3 - School closed (Easter Tuesday)
- Friday 13 April - Final day of Term 1
- Wednesday 25 April - ANZAC Day
Term 2 - 10 weeks:
- Monday 30 April - Term 2 starts
- Monday 4 June - School closed (Queen's Birthday)
- Friday 6 July - Final day of Term 2
Term 3 - 10 weeks:
- Monday 23 July - Term 3 starts
- Thursday 6 and Friday 7 September - School Closed (Winter Tournament Week)
- Friday 28 September - Final day of Term 3
Term 4 - 8 weeks:
- Monday 15 October - Term 4 starts
- Monday 22 October - School closed (Labour Day Holiday)
- Tuesday 4 December - Prizegiving
What should I do if my son is going to be absent from School?
A parent or guardian should ring the Attendance Officer on 09 623 5424 to notify the School of their son's absence that day.
On the day of his return he must meet the Deputy Headmaster on the front steps after assembly with a note signed by a parent or guardian stating:
1) The student's name
2) Their Form class
3) The date(s) of absence
4) The reason for his absence
What should I do if I am wanting to request leave for my son to be absent during the School term time?
All requests for Official Leave can only be considered by the Headmaster. A written request should be sent to email@example.com. Please note no extended holiday leave is provided either prior to or after the official school holidays.
What should I do if my son needs to leave the School grounds for an appointment during the School day?
No student is to leave the School grounds during school hours unless:
1) He has brought a letter or an appointment card to the Deputy Headmaster on the front steps after assembly and his name is entered in the exeat book; or
2) For medical reasons, whereby he must have permission from the Deputy Headmaster or from the School Nurse. In such cases, the School Nurse will contact his parents before he leaves the School grounds.
What should I do if I need to contact my son's Dean?
You are welcome to email your son's Dean or alternatively phone:
Form 3 Dean - Mr B. John 09 623 5403
Form 4 Associate Dean - Mr J. Yeh 09 623 5404
Form 5 Dean - Mr J. Bonneywell 09 623 5405
Form 6 Dean - Mr T. Smith 09 623 5406
Form 7 Dean - Mr F. Haszard 09 623 5407
International Students Dean - Mr R. Cook 09 623 5400 extn 557
What should I do if I need to contact one of my son's teachers or a member of the Student Services team?
You are welcome to email your son's teacher/s or a member of the Student Services team. A list is available here.
What should I do if I need to contact the School's Health Centre?
Please call our School nurses on 09 623 5400 extension 637.