Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 2019 Term dates?
The dates for the 2019 academic year are as follows:
Term 1: Wednesday 23 January - Friday 12 April (12 weeks)
- Monday 21 January: New Staff Induction Day
- Tuesday 22 January: Staff Only Day
- Wednesday 23 January: School starts for all students
- Monday 28 January: School closed (Auckland Anniversary Day)
- Wednesday 6 February: School closed (Waitangi Day)
- Friday 8 March: School closed (Staff Only Day)
- Friday 12 April: Final day of Term 1
Please note Good Friday (Friday 19 April), Easter Monday (Monday 22 April), Easter Tuesday (Tuesday 23 April) and ANZAC Day (Thursday 25 April) will all fall in the Term break.
Term 2: Monday 29 April - Friday 5 July (10 weeks)
- Monday 29 April: Term 2 starts
- Monday 3 June: School closed (Queen's Birthday)
- Friday 5 July: Final day of Term 2
Term 3: Monday 22 July - Friday 27 September (9 weeks)
- Monday 23 July: Term 3 starts
- Thursday 5 and Friday 6 September: School Closed (Mid-Term Break for Winter Tournament Week)
- Friday 27 September: Final day of Term 3
Term 4: Monday 14 October - Wednesday 4 December (8 weeks)
- Monday 14 October: Term 4 starts
- Monday 28 October: School closed (Labour Day Holiday)
- Wednesday 4 December: Prizegiving assembly and final day of Term 4
What should I do if my son is absent from School?
A parent or guardian should immediately complete the Absence Notification e-form that is accessed within the Parent Portal (it is strongly preferred this e-form is completed on the morning of your son's absence).
Parents should log-in and click on the Absence Notification link under Available e-Forms, which is found within the Notifications section (see below).
Parents should be aware that submitting an e-form verifies their son’s absence and will generate an automatic response to the parent’s email address.
There is no longer a requirement to phone the School or to provide a written note on the day of your son's return.
What should I do if I am wanting to request leave for my son to be absent during the School term time?
All requests for Official Leave can only be considered by the Headmaster. A written request should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note no extended holiday leave is provided either prior to or after the official school holidays.
What should I do if my son needs to leave the School grounds for an appointment during the School day?
No student is to leave the School grounds during school hours unless:
1) He has brought a letter or an appointment card to the Deputy Headmaster on the front steps after assembly. He will then be provided with the appropriate approval slip, allowing him to formally sign out at the Student Office prior to leaving the campus; or
2) For medical reasons, whereby he must have permission from the Deputy Headmaster or from the School Nurse. In such cases, the School Nurse will contact his parents before he leaves the School grounds.
What should I do if I need to contact my son's Dean?
You are welcome to email your son's Dean or alternatively phone:
Form 3 Dean - Mr Gebbett on 09 623 5403
Form 4 Dean - Mr Lowe on 09 623 5404
Form 5 Dean - Miss Potocky-Pacay on 09 623 5405
Form 6 Dean - Mr Yeh on 09 623 5406
Form 7 Dean - Mr Haszard on 09 623 5407
Dean of International Students - Mr Easingwood on 09 623 5400 extn 557
What should I do if I need to contact one of my son's teachers or a member of the Student Services team?
You are welcome to email your son's teacher/s or a member of the Student Services team. A list is available here.
What should I do if I need to contact the School's Health Centre?
Please call our School nurses on 09 623 5400 extension 637.