Out of Zone Enrolment
Out of zone places are available to students who live outside the Auckland Grammar School zone and within the Auckland City boundaries, and who are not currently enrolled at Auckland Grammar School.
Each year the Board of Trustees will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the School zone.
Places are offered to applicants according to their priority group, and then according to their position on the waiting list generated by the ballot. Priority groups are prescribed by legislation and set out in our Enrolment Scheme.
General Information on the 2022 Out of Zone Ballot
Applications for the 2022 Out of Zone Ballot are now open. Please note the following important information:
- The ballot for Out of Zone places in 2022 will be held on Wednesday 8 September 2021
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 4pm on Wednesday 1 September 2021. Applications received after the deadline will not be entered into the Ballot
- The Out of Zone application process is an online process. Please do not mail, or deliver paper applications to the School
- Receipt of submitted application forms will be communicated by automated email. The email confirming receipt of the application is not to be regarded as confirmation that the student has been entered into the ballot
- If you cannot see the automated e mail in your normal inbox, please check your spam folder as some overseas servers block emails from the School
- Your application will be reviewed upon receipt. If all required information and documentation has been provided, you will receive an email confirmation that the application has been finalised and entered into the ballot
- Incomplete applications will not be processed. Please ensure the e-form has been fully completed and all required documentation uploaded, before submitting the e-form
To access the 2022 Out of Zone Ballot application e-form, please click here.
General Information on the 2021 Out of Zone Ballot
The Auckland Grammar School Out of Zone ballot for 2021 was held on Wednesday 9 September 2020 for all year levels.
All applicants in priority groups for Forms 3 and 5 were offered places, along with the first 50 applicants from the general ballot at Form 3. All other applicants were placed on the waitlists for the respective Year levels.
This page will be updated if any further places are offered.