Squash at Auckland Grammar School is incredibly popular, with three competitive teams playing in external competition and a full internal competition for all other players. We are very lucky to have two world class squash courts on campus that our teams can train and play on.
Our Premier 1 team has an incredibly proud history. They are the reigning Auckland Champions and have won 7 national titles over the years, the second most of any NZ school.
Squash as a sport is incredibly good at developing many aspects of fitness, and professional squash players are regarded as some of the fittest athletes on the planet. This video clip shows how Formula 1 drivers use squash as a form of fitness!
Terms played: Term 2 and Term 3
- Premier 1, Premier 2 and Open A – Wednesday after School (10 May – 26 July)
- Auckland Individual Championships – 23-24 May
- Auckland Teams Championships – 20-21 June
- New Zealand Secondary Schools Championships – 4-6 August (Auckland)
- Auckland Grammar School squash competition – Tuesdays and Thursdays after school
Practice times: times vary, but usually in the morning before school
- Senior inter-school teams (not including Premier 1) – $50 per player (not including tournament travel and other trips)
- Auckland Grammar School squash competition – $20 per player
Equipment: Students need their own squash racquet, non-marking shoes, and a white shirt. Boys must wear eye protection (provided by the School)
Registration: registrations are now closed
For further information about inter-school competition (Premier 1, Premier 2 and Open A), please refer to the College Sport Squash Page.
Master in Charge: See the Sports department