Key information for Term 4
The final term of the year is one that requires students to make sacrifices in order to give their studies, assessments and external examinations a primary focus. It is a very short term at only eight weeks long.
While we will communicate with all parents as Term 4 begins, I do want to remind parents of some key dates and commitments in advance:
- Friday 28 October: Students sitting NCEA and Pre-Q examinations are released on study leave
- Monday 31 October – Friday 11 November: Pre-Q Examinations
- Monday 7 November: NCEA External Examinations start
- Monday 14 – Friday 18 November: Form 3 and 4 School Examinations
- Thursday 24 – Wednesday 30 November: Form 3 and 4 Activities Week Programme
- Monday 5 December: Form 5-7 students return to School
- Monday 5 December: Colours and Performing Arts Assembly
- Tuesday 6 December: Leavers Dinner
- Wednesday 7 December: Prizegiving, beginning at 9am. After Prizegiving, the 2022 School year will conclude
As Colours Awards and Prizegiving awards are prepared months in advance, all young men should understand that accolades will only be awarded to those who continue to embrace our standards and requirements.
Please also remember we will not grant exemptions for students to go on holiday before Wednesday 7 December. It is expected that all students will attend Prizegiving and collect School reports, and other year-end materials after Prizegiving.
Junior School Activities Week
After junior examinations, Form 3 and Form 4 have an organised activities ‘week’ programme. Parents of Form 3 and 4 students will be sent specific information about this year’s activities as Term 4 starts.
This year’s programme is once again aligned with a number of curriculum areas and the activities run will be practical and focused on areas of the curriculum that are not easily managed in a standard classroom environment.
We see this week as a key part of our programme for Form 3 and 4 students and attendance is compulsory.