Auckland Grammar School is one of New Zealand’s leading secondary schools, with a reputation for all-round excellence in academic, sporting and cultural pursuits. Providing an education for young men from Form 3 to Form 7, Auckland Grammar School sets very high standards in all aspects of the boys’ daily lives through The Grammar Way.
We make sure that our policies and plans are implemented in ways that are sensitive to the cultural backgrounds, values and needs of both the individual students and their families.
Positions currently available:
Teacher of Mathematics
This position is for a part-time (0.8) teacher of Mathematics, commencing at the beginning of Term 2 2023.
Primary teachers with a Maths background and secondary trained teachers will be considered.
Applications close on Friday 10 February 2023.
Support Specialist (IT)
We are looking for a full-time support specialist for our IT team. This role offers plenty of variety and opportunity for developing your skills. Key responsibilities:
- Provide Level 1 and 2 Helpdesk requests
- Technical support for Staff, Caregivers, and students eg. Password resets, ICT technical support
- Provide in depth training on IT Systems used within the school
- Create and maintain training material on aspects of IT systems
- Set up, operation and pack down of a broad range of technical equipment at a diverse range of School events
Operations and maintenance
- Co-ordinate with external suppliers and service providers
- Manage and maintain supplies of key consumable products
- Utilise scripting to automate common tasks to gain efficiencies in IT systems
- Utilise next generation IT management systems for development and management of endpoints
- Work with the Systems and Support Manager and the Director of Information Services to improve the quality and timelines of service where possible
Health and Safety
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the School’s Health & Safety policy and comply with policy
Our ideal candidate will should have the following personal specifications:
- An experienced support specialist
- Relevant tertiary or industry qualifications encompassing Information Systems or Computer Science
- Experience with Audio Visual Systems and their maintenance
- Be able to learn on the job
- Demonstrated ability to tailor communication (written and verbal) to the intended audience
- Ability to write scripts in PowerShell or Python
- Previous experience developing and facilitating training
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical guidance and instruction to users at different levels of skill and understanding
- Ability to provide technical mentorship to groups and individuals
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- A keen eye for detail
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of desktop operating systems and their management in an enterprise or educational setting – specifically Microsoft Windows and macOS
———————————————————————-At Auckland Grammar School, we combine our heritage and traditions with innovation and continual growth and improvement. This provides a culture that is positive, dynamic, and upholds our core values of integrity, excellence, respect, courage, pride, commitment and humility. Grammar offers both Cambridge and NZQA qualifications and it is the School’s expectation that teaching staff participate fully in the extracurricular programme. Please apply with a letter of application and a concise CV, along with the contact details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org.