Tibbs House is the boarding facility of Auckland Grammar School. It has accommodation available for hire during School holidays (only) making it ideal for sports groups, cultural groups and educational groups. Click here for photos of some of the rooms available at Tibbs House.
Accommodation costs for 2022
Individual options are available at the following rates (all GST exclusive):
- Bed – $40 (per person, per day)
- Cooked breakfast – $12 (includes hot option)
- Packed lunch – $12
- Dinner – $21
- Linen – $35 per person (includes 2 sheets, 2 towels, a pillow case, a duvet cover and a duvet inner). Tibbs House supplies mattresses, mattress protectors and pillows. Hirers are responsible for bringing any other additional bedding.
- Laundry – $25 per load of team sport wear only (Letting Groups are not permitted to use the Tibbs House laundry facilities themselves).
- Tibbs House is able to cater for up to 120 guests.
- Preferred minimum group size is 20 (but this is subject to negotiation).
- Bedrooms are either single, double or dorms (of 5 beds – 3 singles and 1 bunk bed).
- Recreational facilities (pool tables, table tennis tables, a foosball table, and basketball hoops).
- Drinks and snacks vending machine.
- Sky TV featuring all channels except movie channels.
- Auckland Grammar School facilities may be available upon request, this may incur an additional charge.
- A bond of $500 is to be paid on confirmation of booking.
- A first payment of one third of total invoice is required no later than one month after the booking confirmation.
- A second payment of one third of total invoice is required to be paid no later than six weeks from arrival date.
- The final payment of one third of total invoice is required to be paid two weeks from arrival date.
- Payment for meals must occur no later than four weeks prior to arrival after which point changes cannot be made except for times that meals are required.
- Laundry and any other additional minor costs will be billed separately after departure.
- The bond of $500 will be returned once the account is settled in full.
- Cancellation six weeks prior to confirmed arrival date will incur a cancellation fee equivalent to one third of the group’s accommodation (bed) charge.
- Meal times are between 7am and 6pm (unless organised prior)
- Accommodation must be vacated no later than 10am (unless otherwise negotiated)
For any enquiries regarding Tibbs House, please contact Director of Boarding Mr Frank Haszard for further information
Phone: 09 623 5432
To book Tibbs House, please email email@example.com.