The final term of the year is one that requires students to make sacrifices in order to give their studies, assessments and external examinations a primary focus. It is a very short term.
While we will communicate with all parents as Term 4 begins, I do want to remind parents of some key dates and commitments in advance:
- Friday 1 November: Students sitting NCEA and Pre-Q examinations released on study leave
- Monday 4 - Friday 15 November: Pre-Q Examinations
- Friday 8 November: NCEA External Examinations start
- Monday 11 - Friday 15 November: Form 3 and 4 School Examinations
- Thursday 21 - Wednesday 27 November: Form 3 and 4 Activities Week Programme
- Monday 2 December: Form 5-7 students return to School
- Monday 2 December: Colours Assembly
- Tuesday 3 December: Leavers' Lunch at Eden Park
- Wednesday 4 December: Prizegiving assembly, beginning at 9am. After Prizegiving, the 2019 School year will conclude.
As awards for both the Colours and Prizegiving assemblies are prepared months in advance, all young men should understand that accolades will only be awarded to those who continue to embrace our standards and requirements.
Please also remember we will not grant exemptions for students to go on holiday before Wednesday 4 December. It is expected that all students will attend Prizegiving and collect School reports, and other year end materials after the 2019 Prizegiving.
Junior School Activities Week
After junior examinations, Form 3 and Form 4 have an organised activities week programme. Parents of Form 3 and 4 students will be sent specific information about this year's activities as Term 4 starts.
This year's programme is once again aligned with a number of curriculum areas and the activities run will be practical and focused on areas of the curriculum that are not easily managed in a standard classroom environment.
The School day will be 8.50am-3pm and there will be some planned off-site activities, but the majority of programmes will be on campus. Importantly the Form 3 community service day, as part of the 150th Grammar Gives Back initiative, will occur during this scheduled week of activities.
We see this week as a key part of our programme for Form 3 and 4 students and attendance is compulsory.