The Library and Information Centre's ethos is to support the Vision, Values and Mission of Auckland Grammar School. Specific aims include:
- The provision of excellent services and a resource-rich dynamic environment that supports the curricular and recreational needs of the school community.
- To facilitate both immediate and life-long-learning by supporting the development of students' independent research skills along with an understanding of the ethical use of information.
- To promote reading and to foster a love of reading for pleasure.
The library is open Monday-Thursday from 8am-4.30 pm and Fridays from 8am-4.15pm, as well as interval and lunch each day.
Students may issue 5 books plus 2 magazines and 2 eBooks for a period of two weeks
Student Library Monitors
A team of 30 student monitors work to support the running of the library. Senior students lead five daily teams.
Resources and Facilities
- Extensive and diverse Fiction and Non-Fiction collections
- Print as well as eBooks and magazines
- Electronic databases
- A very popular browsing collection comprised of a vast range of publications including manga and graphic novels along with fun factual books
- Four separate bookable spaces for classes
- A silent study room
- 32 computers in the Non-Fiction Room which are for individual and class use
- Scanning, printing and photocopying facilities
If you have any further questions please contact our staff today.