Perhaps the most useful ‘one-stop shop’ for academic assistance is GrammarNet, the School’s virtual learning environment (a log-in is required). On GrammarNet you can access a number of different departments including Guidance, Careers and Learning Support.
Academic Department pages can provide you with staff directories, course information, subject syllabuses and schemes of work, past examination papers and links to study and research skills websites and software, NCEA and CIE revision courses.
Library – links to information and websites:
- The School Library catalogue
- Online databases and search engines
- Evaluating online resources
- Referencing for academic assignments (including citations, footnotes and bibliographies)
- The research process
- Guide to essay-writing
- Resources and pages for specific subjects and topics
Click here for the Cambridge website for students.
Seeking help with Schoolwork
While most students who approach their schoolwork in the manner outline above will make good academic progress there may be occasions when extra support is required. This is available from a variety of sources, both inside and outside of the school.