New Zealand Scholarships Information
Auckland Grammar School students who are considering applying for scholarships to help assist with tertiary study have a wide range of options.
Universities and other tertiary organisations have provided information on their scholarships including their worth, how many are awarded, how they can assist students and the application closing date.
Details about all scholarships available to students for 2021 can be found on the MoneyHub website. If students have any questions, they must speak with Mr Simento, Deputy Headmaster - Senior School.
If students would like the School's support with scholarship applications, it is essential that you also complete the online Leaver's Record of Achievement Form.
Applying for study at UK and US-based universities
Students who wish to study abroad, particularly at a UK or US-based university, have a number of important things you will need to complete before sending through their application:
- Write a personal statement about who you are as a person, but make sure it is tailored to the institute you are applying for
- The application timetable is very structured and needs to be started at least six months before you apply
- Once you have received your acceptance letter, you will need to ensure your travel arrangements are complete and you will also need a student visa so you are able to study abroad, particularly in the United States
For further information, please see the staff in the Student Services department:
- Mr Taito - all overseas universities
- Mr Porteous - universities in the United Kingdom
- Mr Edwards - apprenticeships, cadetships and pathways.
For any further information referring to University/Scholarship Applications, please refer to this eDM that went out to all parents on Friday 8 May.