Auckland Grammar School is one of New Zealand's leading secondary schools, with a reputation for all-round excellence in academic, sporting and cultural pursuits. Providing an education for young men from Form 3 to Form 7, Auckland Grammar sets very high standards in all aspects of the boys' daily lives, The Grammar Way.
We make sure that our policies and plans are implemented in ways that are sensitive to the cultural backgrounds, values and needs of both the individual students and their families.
Teaching positions currently available:
Teacher of Chemistry (long-term reliever). Commencing Term 1 2020 and concluding at the end of Term 4 2020. Applications close Monday 21 October 2019.
Teacher of Mathematics.Commencing Term 1 2020.Applications close Monday 21 October 2019.
Teacher of Outdoor Education (2MU).This position is responsible for the planning and delivery of the School's Outdoor Education programme at Venturelodge in Ohakune.
Knowledge and understanding of Risk Management protocols is essential, as is a teaching qualification. Preferred qualifications include Rock 1 and Bush 1. Applications close Monday 21 October 2019.
Teacher of Physics and Science. Commencing Term 1 2020. Applications close Monday 21 October 2019.
Teacher of Physics and Science (fixed-term). Commencing Term 1 2020 and concluding at the end of Term 4 2020. Applications close Monday 21 October 2019.
Teacher of Social Sciences and Spanish. Commencing Term 1 2020. Applications close Monday 21 October 2019.
Teacher of Social Studies and Business Studies. Commencing Term 1 2020. Applications close Monday 21 October 2019.
Teacher of Spanish (fixed-term). Commencing Term 1 2020 and concluding at the end of Term 4 2020. Applications close Monday 21 October 2019.
Teacher of Trades and Construction. Commencing Term 1 2020. Applications close Monday 21 October 2019.
Teacher of Technology and DVC. Commencing Term 1 2020. Applications close Monday 21 October 2019.
Support Staff positions currently available:
Digital Content Producer - 12 Month maternity cover
We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and exceptional Digital Content Producer to join our Development team.
The Digital Content Producer will create outstanding content for Auckland Grammar School's online platforms in a manner which underscores the importance of The Grammar Way. With some 80% of Auckland Grammar School's communications now online, content development is essential to our engagement strategy.
This position oversees the successful content management of the School's website, social media channels and online communities, ensuring the activity is on brand.
The Digital Content Producer will engage with, and grow the School's online communities across the website, social and new media channels.
The role is hands-on, varied and challenging and the environment is both professional and friendly. We are a highly desirable workplace in a city fringe location and offer a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- To oversee the successful management of the School's website, social media channels and on-line communications ensuring the activity is on brand and reflects 'The Grammar Way'.
- To ensure customer engagement and growth of online communities across the website and social media.
- To actively contribute to the success of the Development Office and the School's fundraising goals.
We are looking for a person with the following attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification eg: communications and/or journalism
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Premiere, Dreamweaver).
- Three years' experience in digital content production.
- Passionate about communications production - excellent verbal and written communication skills across online content and a demonstrated ability to understand the appropriate tone for each social media channel.
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion across key social media channels.
- Experience in implementation of Facebook advertising campaigns and campaign reporting.
- Ability to work independently on a project or in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in keeping up with social media best practice.
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Has website CMS, eDM and blogging experience.
- A great cultural fit
Applications close 2pm, Friday 1 November 2019.
At Auckland Grammar School, we combine our heritage and traditions with innovation and continual growth and improvement. This provides a culture that is positive, dynamic, and upholds our core values of integrity, excellence, respect, courage, pride, commitment and humility.
Grammar offers both Cambridge and NZQA qualifications and it is the School's expectation that teaching staff participate fully in the extracurricular programme.
Please apply with a letter of application and a concise CV, along with the contact details of three referees, to email@example.com.