Application Process for International Students
Thank you for your interest in applying for Auckland Grammar School. The following is an outline of the process you will go through in order to successfully be accepted into the School.
Auckland Grammar School has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Minister of Education. Copies of the Code are available on request from Auckland Grammar School or from the New Zealand Ministry of Education website at www.minedu.govt.nz
1. International Student Application for Enrolment Form 2013 completed and sent to Auckland Grammar School with NZ$500 non-refundable Application Fee.
2. Student is interviewed and tested for academic and English language ability. This may take place either in New Zealand or the student’s home country by the Director of International Students or a nominated agent.
The following criteria are also used for selection:
- Level of written and spoken English Language
- Previous school reports
- Reliable guardian support in New Zealand
- Character references and testimonials
- Academic ability for courses chosen
- Co-curricular activities
- Spaces in the applied for Year Level
3. Letter of Release (if transferring from another school in New Zealand).
4. Application is processed and if successful, an “Offer of Place” is made by Auckland Grammar School to the student. (Please note that entry into courses depends on a number of factors including confirmation of prior learning and ability in your chosen subjects and at least an intermediate level of English. Students without the prerequisite level of English on arrival will be referred to the onsite high school preparation class until the required English level is reached.)
5. If the offer is accepted by the student all Tuition and Homestay Fees are paid to Auckland Grammar School. This is an essential part of the visa application process. There is no refund of fees except in exceptional circumstances. Please refer to Refunds Policy and Explanation of International Student Fees.
6. School sends receipt for payment of Tuition and Homestay Fees.
7. Student applies for NZ visa. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that he has a valid visa and permit to study at Auckland Grammar School. Failure to do so may result in suspension. Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service, and can be viewed on their website at http://www.immigration.govt.nz
8. Tuition Agreement signed by parents and student.
9. Using Course Handbook as a guide, academic course selected by student.
10. Code of Conduct signed by parents and student
11. Statement of Designated Caregiver Arrangements to be signed by parents.
12. Student Health Record completed
13. Homestay Contract completed or if a self-appointed homestay, details of those arrangements must be provided to School. This will be monitored by Auckland Grammar School International Student Welfare Manager, Mrs Heslin.
14. Medical and Travel Insurance sighted and checked by Auckland Grammar School. Insurance must cover travel, medical, and fee protection.
Refer: www.uni-care.org/inboundtrans.html or https://www.scti-online.co.nz/ispublic/ispublic.aspx
Completed documents to be sent to:
Miss Liz Kim
International Student Administrator
Auckland Grammar School
Private Bag 9930, Newmarket
Auckland, NEW ZEALAND
DDI: +64 9 623 5402 extn 578
Fax: +64 9 623 5418
Orientation Programme for enrolled students including familiarisation with School and course structure.
Uniform is organised
School Uniform Requirements
Download Application Documents:
- New Student Application Process 2013
- International Student Fees for 2013
- Term Dates for 2013
- Enrolment Form 2013
- AGS Code of Conduct
- Tuition Agreement
- Withdrawal of International Students
- Statement of Designated Caregiver Arrangements
- Homestay Contract
- Student Health Record
- Co-Curricular Activities
- ICT Policy and Internet Agreement
- Refunds Policy
- Course Handbook