A significant amount of academic support is accessible online. Typing How to Revise, How to Write Essays or How to Sit Exams into a search engine results in a huge number of websites, links and YouTube clips.
In addition to the links available on GrammarNet, students will find the following links particularly useful:
- The NZQA homepage includes information about the qualifications and standards provided by NZQA. The ‘For Students’ section includes login access, examination timetables and detailed information regarding NCEA, Scholarship and University Entrance
- NCEA Subject Resources pages has resources including Achievement Standards, Assessment Specifications, examination papers, mark schedules and exemplars of assessed student work
- NCEA Campus and Cambridge Campus are youth-led, non-profit organisations offering NCEA and Cambridge revision courses annually in the Term 2 and Term 3 holidays
- NCEA Revision Classes: all classes are taken by experienced New Zealand secondary school teachers and are open to all NCEA students from all Secondary Schools, held in the Term 3 Holidays and on Saturdays in Term 4
- The main CIE website – see the ‘For Learners and Parents’ section. Resources include syllabuses, examination papers, learning guides and links to other online study resources
- The Association of Cambridge Schools in New Zealand includes general information about CIE in the NZ context. Registration for annual CIE Examination Revision programmes
Each year the Deans compile a roster of high ability senior students who are suitably qualified to provide paid tutoring at reasonable rates in a range of subjects and levels. Interested students and parents should contact the appropriate year level Dean to arrange tutoring.
Seeking help with schoolwork